Follow PalmBBarkerHowl on Twitter

Thursday, February 10, 2011

PUPPY HALO OVER PETCO WITHOUT RECEIPT

Don't you just hate it when you goof up a Halo? Yeah, me too.
I'm a regular at the Petco on Military here in West Palm Beach. I'm not such a fan of PetSmart, but mostly because Petco is the only place that carries the Halo brand of pet food I get for my girl, Reggie.

Now, you know how when you go to Target to exchange something, they know EVERYTHING about you and your family simply by a swipe of your credit card? Yeah, it's both cool and frightening, huh?

So, when I realized I had purchased one bag of adult Halo and one bag of puppy Halo I groaned, put it aside and promptly lost the receipt and tossed the bag into the recycle chute with all the other plastic products.

Today I hit Petco without a bag or receipt, but was I concerned? Not in the least. Every time I go to that place there is this sweet, nature-type girl who chats with me about pets and it's just as happy as some damn dog food commercial with talking dogs.

Where in holy hell was she today? You know, the ONE employee who would recognize me! Gone and in her place was a serious-as-can-be type. I detected a near frown forming on her face as she looked at the bag of puppy chow like it was hazardous material while inquiring (without eye-contact) if I had my receipt. Hearing me reply in the negative she asked if the bag had been opened. Again, I replied in the negative. She zipped the top and to my surprise the damn bag had been opened...do NOT ask me me how.

At this point my guilt level and heart rate were rising and all I wanted to do was exchange a bag of food and pay the difference, if there was a difference. I felt like an idiot and started to leave the store and order the food online (which is probably going to happen).

To make this scene even better was the random woman fingering leaflets on the bulletin board and listening to this exchange with what appeared to be abandon.

With a sigh and a stern tone, Serious Sally (I made that up) told me to go get what I needed and I did.

Lightbulb went off over my head and upon arrival back at check-point-sally, I said she could check my credit cards to verify the prior purchase (remember, like Target). With another sigh and no eye contact, she flatly said they could NOT do that.

I paid, she left my two bags sitting on the counter without bagging them and looked in eager anticipation toward the person behind me.

As I had other purchases in the car, ride an elevator 17 floors, I told her I would like a bag and proceeded to put one Halo into a plastic bag. At this point she was so totally done with my presence she asked, curtly, if I needed another bag. I said no, left and then returned to invite her read this blog and she looked confused as can be.

Hope this chick finds her smile or another job!

Not everyone is a crook trying to scam a store through a Halo dog good purchase. Just sayin'.

Vist us at, http://indiscreetlyus.blogspot.com
Follow us on Twitter, palmbbarkerhowl
Like us on Facebook, Bark 'r Howl, The Palm Beaches.

1 comment:

  1. Nasty is as nasty does. I wonder if Serious Sally wakes up mean? Well, a cute, super friendly little blond makes some people nervous and NASTY. Don't know why. Online sounds better than facing a nasty face.

    ReplyDelete