Follow PalmBBarkerHowl on Twitter

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

WILL BARK FOR BEAUTY VOTES

Salud, Kids!

I never forced my child to be a part of anything competitive and never put my child into any sort of contest. Totally against all that shenanigans.

Yet, here I sit looking at my Reggie-Girl...IN A CONTEST.

How did THAT happen?

Hear me out, OKAY?

##

Blogging is a challenge. Didn't you see the movie, Julia & Julie (or the other way around)?

You build it, work it (mostly in quiet solitude) and HOPE they will come (yes, I'm going with movie cliches today).

To help it along you troll for similar sites and attempt to make connections.

SO, I hit upon Palm Beach Pet Lovers magazine and then stumbled across their little pet photo contest. Before I knew what was happening...there was my girl on that page.

It was like some strange power took over and I HAD to make her a part of it because I think she is beautiful. Shallow me.

Seeing her picture with all those other kids gave me paws, er, pause (can't help myself). Fun or silly? Shouldn't all of them be considered fabulous? Of course.

Oh, let me just say kudos to that mag for holding these things. Great way to increase traffic and visibility(insert applause here).

Have I become some sort of 'pageant dog-mom'?

Oh, my! What next?

From pageant dog-mom to stage dog-mom, pushing her and trotting her out to modeling, movie, television and commercial auditions?

Of course not.

I just want a normal, regular, run-of-the-mill cavi...not some glamorous STAR dog!

Although it was fun for me to see 'Likes' from strangers. Wow! See? It's like a heady drug. An all-natural one, naturally.

Of course, I know we don't stand a chance of winning that photo contest and I didn't enter it to win...so, why do I suddenly WANT her to win? Well, just a little bit.

See ya 'round the beaches!
'Like' us on Facebook, Bark 'r Howl, The Palm Beaches
Follow us on Twitter, PalmBBarkerHowl

No comments:

Post a Comment